PDA

View Full Version : more bhp

MARKY70RRR
Thursday 11th September 2008, 20:36
hi all ive got a p1 v70r awd with induction kit and rica chip 310 but want it faster dont know wot to do tho,can i change turbo,different chip,want to start off changing cheapest first then upwards we go.wot can i do next!

Alan M
Thursday 11th September 2008, 21:06
If your running a 19t already and a Rica chipwhay not add to it with a good turbo back exhaust system if you don't have one already. You could always have a custom map to see if there are any gains to had that way. Either way your looking at around £500 on just those two options.

Wombatbomb
Thursday 11th September 2008, 21:11
...... £500 on just those two options.

And the rest. If it's an off the shelf RICA map, then not much can be done with it, certainly not at a "proper" custom level, so you'll in effect be starting from scratch on the map front.

Alan M
Thursday 11th September 2008, 21:16
I meant £500 on each item.

mitsy
Thursday 11th September 2008, 21:20
I meant £500 on each item.

Its not what you said though

MARKY70RRR
Thursday 11th September 2008, 21:22
If your running a 19t already and a Rica chipwhay not add to it with a good turbo back exhaust system if you don't have one already. You could always have a custom map to see if there are any gains to had that way. Either way your looking at around £500 on just those two options. i dont know wot turbo i have thats wots confusin me is it a 16 or 19 its not been changed as far as i know.if i can make it bigger i will just need to know wot it is really 16 or 19,im new to turbos and i love mine.

Wombatbomb
Thursday 11th September 2008, 21:23
A V70R should have a 19T. The 16T belongs on the ME7 T5's.

Just swapping to a bigger turbo won't make a massive difference until you tell the car's ECU what to do with the new turbo. It would also need bigger injectors etc else it's time to bend rods/melt the block. Until you know what you have to start with, trying to work out what mods to do is a waste of time.

mitsy
Thursday 11th September 2008, 21:24
What year is your V70R?

MARKY70RRR
Thursday 11th September 2008, 21:26
so mod wise ive got part exhaust system,would it be engine build then

Wombatbomb
Thursday 11th September 2008, 21:27
so mod wise ive got part exhaust system,would it be engine build then

Nope, the starting point is a full stage 0 service and a thorough check to know what parts are actually fitted to the car.

MARKY70RRR
Thursday 11th September 2008, 21:35
Nope, the starting point is a full stage 0 service and a thorough check to know what parts are actually fitted to the car.wot a stage 0 mate you mean service

mitsy
Thursday 11th September 2008, 21:39
http://forums.t5d5.org/index.php?autocom=ibwiki&cmd=article&id=8

click on the STAGE 0

MARKY70RRR
Thursday 11th September 2008, 21:42

MARKY70RRR
Thursday 11th September 2008, 22:20
thanks for that,will get over all check on car but think its runin great,feels that way,just might be me,greedy, need more power,if i can.dont matter wot you have sometimes you want more.wots after stage 0

mickhoon
Sunday 14th September 2008, 19:56
Pardon me bud got a bit spec for ye:D, you have a nine month old dizzy and rotor, magnecor 8mm Ht leads, Denso Iridium SP's, turbo is stock, waste gate adjusted when RICA'd. My next move would have been, S60R exhaust manifold and 3" Down pipe and sports cat plus a proper custom map then maybe a FMIC??? But she's your baby now :) Hope all is well bro.

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 14th September 2008, 20:30
That should be a powerful beast with just those things on shouldn't it? I know the awd saps the power a bit, but nonetheless.......

Either that or something is slightly wrong with it so its not at its best?

MARKY70RRR
Monday 15th September 2008, 21:06
Pardon me bud got a bit spec for ye:D, you have a nine month old dizzy and rotor, magnecor 8mm Ht leads, Denso Iridium SP's, turbo is stock, waste gate adjusted when RICA'd. My next move would have been, S60R exhaust manifold and 3" Down pipe and sports cat plus a proper custom map then maybe a FMIC??? But she's your baby now :) Hope all is well bro.hi mick she is my baby and all is well thanks hope you all at home is well cheers.nice to hear from ya. so wot more can i do and where to get i from,wot sort of bhp more would manifold and down pipe give and wots FMIC.

MARKY70RRR
Monday 15th September 2008, 21:14
That should be a powerful beast with just those things on shouldn't it? I know the awd saps the power a bit, but nonetheless.......

Either that or something is slightly wrong with it so its not at its best?

shes good,had a t4 previously she woz quick kept up with me until 70mph then i pulled away.no matter wot you have you always want more.want to know really wot i can do to car without strippin engine

volvolised
Monday 15th September 2008, 22:05
Pardon me bud got a bit spec for ye:D, you have a nine month old dizzy and rotor, magnecor 8mm Ht leads, Denso Iridium SP's, turbo is stock, waste gate adjusted when RICA'd. My next move would have been, S60R exhaust manifold and 3" Down pipe and sports cat plus a proper custom map then maybe a FMIC??? But she's your baby now :) Hope all is well bro.

You've got green injectors so it shouldn't be running lean but get the AFR's checked.(do it yourself with a wideband). no-one can custom map the rica (over here) so i'd look at maybe mte as you'll be able to custom map with every upgrade..what's your running gear like there's no point in having a fast car that handles like a boat and doesn't stop ..get the throttle body ported , bigger fuel pump(nescessary)
The mods mickhoon mentions (next move) are all great and i have them (not intercooler,but i have niagra falls lol))but they aren't plug and play, you need to get it all running/tuned correctly as he says..

Alv70t5
Tuesday 16th September 2008, 16:51
Mitsy, One of the best service guides i've ever seen, got me thinking!!

http://forums.t5d5.org/index.php?aut...d=article&id=8

Nice one mate :)!

MARKY70RRR
Tuesday 16th September 2008, 19:38
any idea where can get s60r exhaust manifold,3"down pipe,sports cat.oh yeah is it a big job to do,would this work be ok with rica or need to remap again