PDA

View Full Version : New BSR exhaust and powerflex top mount

Clan998
Sunday 7th June 2009, 10:18
Hi

Just got my new BSR cat back exhaust yesterday all fitted and sounds gr8 not too loud on idle and just right at motorway speeds.

While it was in the garage noticed the top mount was knackered so that was my job yesterday ... all done in about an 1.5 hrs :-) . There was a boost leak aswell which is sorted ...Car flys now :-)

The noise in the cabin is addictive didnt think a £22.00 bush would make such a difference ... Keep wanted to open it up . Can see my prtrol comsumption going down till the novelty has worn off :-)

Ill get some pics of the exhaust up later :-)

Rich

850 t5 vs 600cc
Sunday 7th June 2009, 10:57
I,ve been looking at getting one of those cat back systems from BSR. Let it bed in a bit and write what you think about the loudness of it. Did BSR fit it or another garage? Whats the tail pipe size, 3" or 4"?

Clan998
Sunday 7th June 2009, 17:05
Hi

The tail pipe is 4" the rest of the system is 2.5 "

Ive had one before on an old 855R i liked the sound because its not too much like the impreza's etc and doesnt drone on the motorway but still sounds good when you give it some loud pedal. I'll let this one settle down and see what it sounds like tho :-)

I got it fitted at SW Auto's . There are some pic's here

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/album.php?albumid=146

Rich

JelT5
Sunday 7th June 2009, 17:38
Nice one mate :) I was gonna go BSR exhaust but decided on JT as it's 3" as opposed to 2.5"
The powerflex top mount is a great mod, you're so right about the cabin noise being addicitive!

:D:D:D:D:D