PDA

View Full Version : 302s

nottsgreent5
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 20:08
hi all does anyone know for certain if a 99 v70 t5 me7 classic would have 302s as standard

AndysR
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 20:10
hi all does anyone know for certain if a 99 v70 t5 me7 classic would have 302s as standard

Yes they do.

deathrider311271
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 20:18
Yes they do.

are u sure about that? i thought it was only the police spec cars had them and the Rs at that time??? I thought they all came with 280s as standard

nottsgreent5
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 20:21
just had it comfirmed lads they are 302s on this one thanks anyway lads

AndysR
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 20:32
are u sure about that? i thought it was only the police spec cars had them and the Rs at that time??? I thought they all came with 280s as standard

According to what Volvo quote in the brochure yes, what you say only applies to 850's but even the R's had 280mm front discs.

deathrider311271
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 20:43
According to what Volvo quote in the brochure yes, what you say only applies to 850's but even the R's had 280mm front discs.

bloody Volvo dealer in Grimsby is useless lol, i was going on what they had told me, cheers for clearing that up Andy

nottsgreent5
Wednesday 27th July 2011, 19:52
another quick 1 for you all just got the 302s today discs pads carriers and hoses. do the hoses need to be changed?

AndysR
Wednesday 27th July 2011, 19:53
I fit braided ones then you can forget all about them ;)

T5frankie
Wednesday 27th July 2011, 19:56
mine had 302's it was a 99 me7

p fandango
Wednesday 27th July 2011, 20:07
another quick 1 for you all just got the 302s today discs pads carriers and hoses. do the hoses need to be changed?
Volvo did use longer hoses with the 302's, but some people have said they've used the original hoses ok. Personally i'd use the longer ones just to be on the safe side

nottsgreent5
Wednesday 27th July 2011, 20:12
do the braided ones make much difference in break feel and what sort of pads would be recomended want to get brakes sorted once and for all because the 280 really dont feel like they have much stopping power any more and scare me lol

AndysR
Wednesday 27th July 2011, 20:14
do the braided ones make much difference in break feel and what sort of pads would be recomended want to get brakes sorted once and for all because the 280 really dont feel like they have much stopping power any more and scare me lol

Difficult for me to comment as I had them fitted at the same time I had the 302's fitted. On my last car they made a noticeable difference and they stop flexing so full pressure can be applied to the caliper piston, definately worth doing especially for the cost.

Flatout Phil
Wednesday 27th July 2011, 20:23

302 kit from Rufe at FRF Volvo Swansea is about £170 IIRC (discs, carriers/bolts and pads), I would recommend braided hoses since you will have to fit longer ones anyway - and you can get a set of 4 for about £50. They do make the pedal feel more positive - I know someone will disagree about this, but don't forget you have to change the rear hoses too in order to feel the effect.
I just use standard Volvo pads and discs - all works very well for me: an absolute WORLD of difference compared to 280 - this sonversion is a TOTAL NO BRAINER, just do it - I don't know what Volvo were thinking when they put 280 on 850. THe police soon availed them of the total crapness. The only downside is that on a standard Columba wheel, the kit won't fit - you need Perfo, or 17" Comet/Titan or Volan. AP would be lovely I know, but very pricey to maintain let alone the purchase cost.

Al115
Wednesday 27th July 2011, 20:30
Take it from someone who has brake hoses fatigue and blow out, you never want to be in that position :D Fit the right ones (longer, braided or normal) with the 302s :)

Ed.
Thursday 28th July 2011, 09:07
what sort of pads would be recomended want to get brakes sorted once and for all

Lots of pads to choose from. Depends on how much you want to spend. Genuine volvo are good for day to day and are cheapest option. Ferodo DS2500 are fast road/track pad and if you want to push the boat out then something like carbontech xp8 or xp10s. The better performing pads tend to suffer from brake squeal.

Ed