PDA

View Full Version : koni

Hybusamini
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 12:47
Just put my koni street racing suspention (orange) on today and its higher then the standed?
Has anyone had this problem b4?

T5frankie
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 12:59
Ask nealevo

Hybusamini
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 13:09
Ok m8

Biff
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 13:13
Maybe your original shocks were that worn they dropped your ride height?

Jim S70R
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 18:57
Sounds like your old suspension had sagged a fair bit. Just double check the springs are correct for your make & model.

Hybusamini
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 18:59
Already checked all the kit mate spoke to koni aswell I suppose my suspention was too ££££ed before and thats why theres such a big difference

Jim S70R
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 20:07
Already checked all the kit mate spoke to koni aswell I suppose my suspention was too ££££ed before and thats why theres such a big difference

Yeah to be honest that sounds about right, they do sink pretty low over time and it's only when you change them that you notice it the most. Atleast the ride will be better compared to the standard setup.

partsforvolvos.com
Wednesday 8th January 2014, 12:51
are you talking about the front or rear height? if you removed nivomats on the rear of an R for example , the koni kit wont be lower, especially when nivomats have sagged.
if the front , have you double checked the spring rating on your chassis plate? if you bought the harder spring kit, but need the softer one this could explain the increase in height as well.

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/default.php?cPath=2_189_208_1114_1115

the break point is at 1020kg front axle load

all the info is on my listing how to check it.

I have recently had kits with incorrect springs in, check the h&r part number actually supplied as well. it should match the end of the koni kit number. for example, 1120-9553 . the 9553 nit should match up.

edit: I am assuming this is an 850 or similar as somebaody said ask neal

t5 pete
Wednesday 8th January 2014, 13:06
Just put my koni street racing suspention (orange) on today and its higher then the standed?
Has anyone had this problem b4?

Hey bud never mind the suspension sell me them brakes of yours, I saw your post on faceake it does look high also what profile walls do you have on the tyres as if there skinny that can make it look worse.

Nealevo
Wednesday 8th January 2014, 13:16
Hey bud never mind the suspension sell me them brakes of yours, I saw your post on faceake it does look high also what profile walls do you have on the tyres as if there skinny that can make it look worse.

Oi I asked first!!

t5 pete
Wednesday 8th January 2014, 13:26
Oi I asked first!!

Pmsl he's in demand

Hybusamini
Thursday 9th January 2014, 00:20
I think I need a softer spring its abit too high for my liking?
My breaks are not for sale lol