PDA

View Full Version : Another one for the stable!!!

Joolz_850R
Sunday 1st March 2015, 21:53
850 TDI with lots of T5R bits added. the car is lovely but has a engine management issue at the mo which needs sorting. Has T5R interior, V70 tailgate , brakelight and some fancy HID's up front. Needs a bit of paint on the roof and front to make really nice. Not sure on the colour of the wheels. MY R had black volans with polished rim which I think would suit this one better.

Ettienne
Sunday 1st March 2015, 21:55
That's cool, have to ask Martin about powering it up

Joolz_850R
Sunday 1st March 2015, 22:09
I tried plugging in my homemade blink coder which worked fine on the R, but does not work on this one? I also tried the torque app which connected to the car. Did not think this was possible, however it said no codes were stored.
The car has the lambda light on and seems to go into limp home then back out of it as though a sensor is on its limits? When the car is not in limp home it really flies. I had a quick look at the ecu as I noticed that the rivet had been drilled out. The ecu's look like standard jobbies with standard Volvo bar codes on.
I need to get this sorted quick as the MOT is in three weeks. The car was cheap so I hope the fix is not silly money. I do have another TDI here so I can take big ticket items of this one if needed.

martin_r_smith
Monday 2nd March 2015, 06:49
Lovely car, nice to see another diesel. You need vol-fcr really to read the codes. Torque can't read them.

Could be a dodgy maf sensor causing the limp symptoms.

Joolz_850R
Saturday 21st March 2015, 19:26
Hi Martin. The engine management issue kind of fixed itself. It turned out to be the boost pressure sensor. Unplugged it and plugged back in seem to help alot. The light put itself out after a few days. The car is still a bit flat so Assume that this sensor is faulty?

martin_r_smith
Saturday 21st March 2015, 20:15
My money is still on the maf sensor. The codes will be stored even though the lights off, get them read and you will know exactlyvwhy it's a bit flat.

foammanmark
Saturday 21st March 2015, 20:18
That is a very nice looking motor. Hope you get the issue sorted.

Joolz_850R
Saturday 21st March 2015, 20:25
There were several codes. Low boost pressure. Loss of signal and a maf code. The detail escapes me now. It all seemed to point to the map sensor. I'll stick another maf on tomorrow.

stribo
Saturday 21st March 2015, 20:26
Nice looking 850. :)

Joolz_850R
Monday 23rd March 2015, 18:52
Update to this. I have fired a replacement map sensor and a maf sensor. Not sure if it was one or both but as the parts were here I did it all in one. Performance now restored.�� Still not sure if my mpg is any good as I have not been on a good enough run yet. From what I gathered my timing was approx -1.8°. Was just in on the table but a bit low I think???

martin_r_smith
Monday 23rd March 2015, 21:07
It would have been the maf I'm sure, glad it's sorted though. Timing should be + 0.5 really, seems to be good all round. What is the injection quantity at idle when up to normal temperature?

klunk
Monday 23rd March 2015, 23:17
Nice looking motor and as Martin said nice to see another TDI, i reackon the Volans would be nice black (As you suggest) or just graphite, Silver doesnt suit Volans on a black car IMO. Would put a pic up of my TDI but it really is a £££££box! I do love it though.:)

jamesy12345
Tuesday 24th March 2015, 06:54
It looks good I think, black Volans would be...too much black

Doingitsideways
Tuesday 24th March 2015, 09:31
It's all about the TDis :)

I'm loving mine.
Need someone to have a butcher's at it really, mega smokey when the loud pedal's planted.

Looks kinda similar to yours really, R bumper and fake Volans (Thors)

Joolz_850R
Tuesday 24th March 2015, 13:01
It would have been the maf I'm sure, glad it's sorted though. Timing should be + 0.5 really, seems to be good all round. What is the injection quantity at idle when up to normal temperature?
Hi Martin no idea on injection quantity. I waslooking over the shoulder of Mike at lakes autos a1. I Nee to get acopy of vol fcr which I still need to speak with Frank's brother about. I must admit I have little or no idea about how these dieselengines work. I am only going off the information provided on this forum �� and your good self.

martin_r_smith
Tuesday 24th March 2015, 14:09
It's a shame you're all so far away! I'm getting pretty good with these lol.

You need vol-fcr to look at injection quantity, it's normally this being out of spec or the pump timing that cause excess smog and poor performance.

shrekblackR
Tuesday 24th March 2015, 20:58
Sweet motor mate looks well looked after