PDA

View Full Version : Does it make any difference

marshall_volvo
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 18:35
I am going to fit a induction kit to my t5 and a dump valve does it make a difference to the dump valve with it being a auto or not i know it wont make any diff to the induction kit but just worried about the dump valve
Regards
Wayne

fraz13
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 18:38
Dump Valves dont give any power increases although it has been known to lose you power, It makes no difference to me as I love the noise

As for induction kit Im not sure but make sure its enclosed so it dont draw warm in in from the engine....

marshall_volvo
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 18:45
I like the noise to hence the question as for the induction kit i will give it ramair so its nearly cold all the time

t5tart
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 18:48
i have an induction kit
and get a nice noise of the recirc.... suppose a dv would be louder but i like mine to appear unmodded untill a scooby boots it hehehe

marshall_volvo
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 18:51
Not many scoobies round here more bmw`s 328/330 and a evo8

t5tart
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 18:52
still nice when they think they going to show you up ..... and fail lol

marshall_volvo
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 20:34
True but i know the evo is around the 350 bhp mark and 4wd :jaw:

Big-H
Wednesday 8th March 2006, 00:57
you must insure you're induction kit sucks in COLD air. i.e from the exterior of the car.
otherwise you are fighting a losing battle - the car will suck in hot air from the engine bay-- detrementle to boost issues...i will find a link or two to re-inforce this statemant

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 9th March 2006, 00:41
It is very important with forced induction that you try your best to keep the charge temp as low as you can, simply based on the density of the fuel/air mix that enters the cylinders for combustion - namely the reason that hot air rises is that it is less dense than cold. For max power you want to squeeze as much fuel and air into the 2.3 as you can. Poor induction (unshielded) will draw hot air from the engine bay and diminish your returns. It is as simple as that.

IMHO there is nowt wrong with the stock air box - it is not restrictive (and actually v well designed) - replacement panel filters is the way to go. Even if you decide to go down the cone filter route Big-H is right - you must ensure it sucks cold i.e. provide sufficient shielding.